Monday, June 3, 2013

Shitstorm

Watering the dirt does no good if there aren't any seeds. But what if all you want to do is just water the shit out of it. Make mud and fling that at everything you don't want to look at. A mad mud mess.

Things to not say to someone with immigration problems (specifically deportation or voluntary departure of a spouse):
"When are he/she coming back?" Oh. well. Let me check the calendar. I don't fucking know!

"I thought you guys were married." or "You guys have a kid together." Yes. We are/do. AND?! It changes NOTHING! If it did do you think we'd be in the situation??

(After you tell them a VERY approximate amount of time this kind of shit takes) "Oh 6 months isn't bad! I thought it'd be longer." If it isn't so bad, why don't you try it? Please tell me how not bad it is.

"How are you?" If you ask this too many times, maybe one day I'll snap and really tell you how I feel. Keep trying if that's your goal.

"He/she shouldn't have been sent away. I think your lawyer messed up." Or that inferred you messed up. OKAY PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU KNOW ALL ABOUT IMMIGRATION LAWS/ISSUES/CASES I'D LOVE TO HEAR

(In voluntary departure cases) "What did he/she get deported--" STOP RIGHT THERE. IT WASN'T DEPORTATION

"Be patient" OH IS THAT WHAT I'M SUPPOSED TO DO? Like a friend said to me, we shouldn't have to wait for our family to be together.

I may be harsh here but in "real life" I am polite. I wouldn't really reply as above, unless I didn't like you in the first place or you pushed me a bit far. Yea I understand it's mainly ignorance driven. I didn't know immigration info before but I hold hope that I wouldn't have asked or said these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment